Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The role ensures the Wave Planning and Routing teams have the most efficient processes and tools to ensure on time planning and routing with the most current understanding of potential business and KPI impacts through reporting, communication and data:
- Develop and enhance the end-to-end waving/routing processes, communication, visibility, and efficiencies.
- Research and optimize planning parameters to ensure orders are available to the operation to meet expected service level agreements, DC KPIs and Performance Metrics.
- Support and contribute to the end-to-end process of planning, waving, routing and the outbound scheduling of daily orders and waves.
- Manage and distribute regular, reliable reports in formats and frequencies required for waving, routing, outbound operations and the overall Productivity Planning landscape.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain KPIs for the waving and routing teams.
- Sustain the continuity of reports being generated within the department.
- Assist in development of new operational and management reports for the waving and routing functions and the overall department.
- Document training methods and standard operating procedures for a best-in-class onboarding experience.
- Communicate and provide visibility to key tracking information to key stakeholders with a specific focus on target achievement.
- Vet and test new reporting tools and new releases of existing reporting tools that may be necessary to enhance current process, reporting and visibility.
- Support specific projects undertaken within the department through data gathering, analysis, report development, presentations and recommendations.
- Develop understanding of interdependencies between systems, datasets, and processes.
- Use reporting as a tool to drive change within waving, routing, and DC Operations.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Distribution: Routing, Wave Planning, Productivity Planning, DC Operations, Reporting & Analytics, Inventory Control
- Supply Chain Management: Compliance and Transportation.
- Customer Service / Sales.
- Brand Operations and Top Account Logistics Partners.
- Transportation Partners
- Global IT
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Supply Chain / Logistics / Operations background.
- Excellent analytical skills and data analysis techniques.
- Advanced MS Excel (pivot tables, power queries, macros) and MS Access (database creation, query design) skills required, SQL knowledge preferred.
- Experience with SCI, MicroStrategy and Tableau a plus
- Ability to accept and meet critical deadlines with good planning and organization skills.
- Understanding of data mining, machine learning, and advanced analytics a plus.
- Experience with WMS (Manhattan), Planning or Routing, a plus
- Ability to anticipate opportunities and offer solutions.
- Ability to challenge the status quo.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong team player with proven ability to work cross-functionally to achieve objectives.
- Four-year degree from college or university required with emphasis in data analytics, supply chain management or logistics preferred,
- Minimum 3+ years related progressive work experience and/or training,
- Or, equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fluent in English (oral and in writing)