PURPOSE & OVERALL RELEVANCE FOR THE ORGANISATION
This role is about driving an evidence and research-based foresight process that helps strengthen and future proof the research strategy of the FUTURE team. In the words of Al Van Noy (Future’s senior leader for the last 21 years): “Foresight and insight fuels curiosity. Curiosity drives discovery. Through discovery, innovation is born. Our innovation concepts us to work out ahead of where the Brand is today and proactively read the signals of change all around us. The best way to be prepared for the future, is to actively craft it.
In this role, you will support the innovation foresight process to create impact across the FUTURE team and brand. You will need to help facilitate the identification and collaboration with best-in-class partners internally and externally to conduct research, and subsequently bring these to life in an annual production to spark inspiration, drive conversation and challenge status quo.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong research background and knowledge (either academic or consultancy basis).
- Ability to build strong and convincing evidence for innovation stories.
- Natural interest and curiosity for reading about future trends, signals and evolving formative forces.
- An understanding of business drivers and strategy to build connections between the evolving needs of the world, consumers, sport and the brand (healthy brand and business must coexist with the vision of the future)
- Facilitation of ideation sessions, workshopping and creative processes to help drive foresight into our concept development and ideation processes
- An independent working approach and natural drive to evolve
- Confidence to present, workshop and co-develop work with partners from diverse backgrounds
- Strong presenting and writing skills to organize and communicate work and findings
- Organizational mindset and ability to prioritize tasks and complex projects across extended periods (also independently)
- Support the education and upskilling of colleagues by sharing knowledge and content on an on-going basis
- Prepare story and evidence-based reports and presentations, communicating to technical and non-technical audiences
- Work with key partners to deliver new assets, content formats and communication forms to drive foresight impact
- Stay connected to relevant current and upcoming research, technologies, methods, and industry trends and manage an effective information network
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Primary and secondary research
- Analytical skills, solution driven and result oriented
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Fluency in English
- German skills beneficial, but not needed
- Very good Outlook and Word skills
- Excellent in Excel and PowerPoint
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate across all levels
- University degree in a relevant field or education required
- 2 years of working experiences