Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
Every year adidas invests large amounts in Brand Partnerships across the World in the areas of Sports Marketing, Culture Marketing and Licensing. Such investments require extensive internal alignment and preparation ensuring that every investment delivers to the overall adidas Strategic Business Plan. In addition to the internal check & balances, it is imperative to conduct all external negotiations with the highest degree of professionalism and care to guarantee transparency in the process, maximize opportunities of each deal and reduce costs & risks for adidas.
Part of the Global Legal & Brand organization, sitting horizontally across all functions, the Global Business Affairs department’s mission is to orchestrate, negotiate and acquire the best portfolio of Brand partners across Sports Marketing, Culture Marketing and Licensing to amplify our credibility through the power, authenticity and reach of these partnerships.
The Assistant Manager Global Business Affairs responsibilities are focused around the following areas:
- Support and coordinate the team in the execution of the various department’s day-to-day tasks; negotiation workshop series, partner negotiation presentations and summaries, best practice sharing templates etc.
- Manage and improve current negotiation tools and create new ones if needed.
- Act as a team liaison agent between Global Business Affairs, Legal, Sports & Culture Marketing and other adidas departments.
The Assistant Manager Global Business Affairs will have an active and essential role in supporting the team to deliver to the overall purpose of the department by:
- Creating, maintaining, and refining negotiation reporting and dashboards, as well as Global Business Affairs tools such as the negotiation preparation checklists, rights package comparisons, and offer proposal templates.
- Provide support in leading key Business Affairs negotiations making sure all relevant tools needed in the negotiation process are implemented and adapted to all different deals.
- Provide transparency and clarity for each negotiation by ensuring documentation and tracking of every step of the process.
- Managing and implementing the negotiation training plan to the adidas Brand Partnerships community.
- Conceptualizing and establishing the adidas ‘Business Affairs hub’ by defining and implementing an internal PR platform and content strategy roll out plan.
- Facilitate and encourage internal alignment between team members and ensure right level of collaboration with Legal Brand, Sports / Culture Marketing, Licensing etc.
- Pro-actively facilitate sharing of best practices and ideas in the different adidas Brand Partnerships communities, Sports Marketing, Culture Marketing and Licensing.
- Monitoring industry trends and propose rights package update.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Global and local Sports Marketing Managers.
- Global Legal Brand and Sports Marketing.
- Global Business Units.
- Global Brand Partnerships Operations.
- Memberships. Digital.
- Global Controlling & Finance regarding Budget Management and Invoice payment.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Very strong organizational skills and process-driven mindset.
- Strong ability to synthetise and turn ideas into clear actionable process.
- Comfortable with numbers.
- Advanced MS Excel (e.g., familiar with IF-function and conditional formatting techniques).
- Ability to build strong visuals in MS PowerPoint.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, second European language is a plus.
- University Degree in Business (Marketing / Digital) or equivalent education required.
- 1-3 years of working experience in marketing / Digital / sports / entertainment.
- Interest in Sports and understanding of the industry is required.
- Basic knowledge of Sports Marketing contract and rights package structure preferred.