Consumer Goods and Services Research Manager
: CL7, Manager
Consumer Goods & Services (CG&S) is an exciting and diverse industry that spans the globe and touches the day-to-day lives of individuals in every market. Our as CG&S researchers is to continually explore this dynamic industry and partner with Accenture’s client teams and our clients to understand and capture the ever-evolving value creation opportunities.
The Consumer Goods & Services (CG&S) Europe Lead reports to the CG&S Research Global Lead and is responsible for partnering with the Europe CG&S management team to create client value, and grow our business and competitive differentiation in this market. CG&S continues to be a global industry, so research will need to capture the global point of view and provocative insights relevant to clients who are located in Europe, but operate around the world. The CG&S Europe lead will be a recognized and respected expert in this global industry and a client-facing partner in building relationships with Europe-based companies.
The will require strong analytical and problem-solving skills, business acumen, a client service mindset and above all, a passion for the CG&S industry and the clients that we serve. Stakeholder management is an important part of the , as well as ability to work as part of a cross-functional team with other researchers and colleagues from Marketing, Offering Development and the practice.
- A core member of the Europe CG&S Industry Leadership team – critical ability to operate at the executive level and works directly with the Europe CG&S management team to shape business strategy and market positioning
- Research focused on Accenture Business (“so what?”) with major and long-lasting impact
- Credible in presenting work externally and discussing issues with clients Innovation
- Develops thought-provoking point of view on the future of the industry and imperatives for success, based on proprietary insights and understanding of game-changing trends
- Develops innovative and data-powered research; proactively introduces innovation to senior leadership and clients
- Designs and manages research to define provocative questions and creatively explore major CG&S industry/business/technology disruption
- Recognized as an industry expert by the CG&S leadership team and clients
- Publishes regularly through Accenture’s publication channels, social media, industry publications and more
- Has a strong internal and growing external network and social media presence
- Shapes & manages complex research programs of work with global scope
- Partners with leadership-level stakeholders in business (Industry Sector Lead, MU/ Offering leads, Client Account Leads, etc.)
- Credible with leadership and clients, in very different geographies and cultural contexts
About Accenture Research
- Collaborative working style, extending reach and influence beyond own team
- Talent magnet and model; coaches and mentors junior researchers on projects
- Proven ability to build a diverse network and manage upward
Accenture Research shapes trends and creates data-driven insights about the most pressing issues global organizations face. Combining the influence of innovative research techniques with a deep understanding of our clients’ industries, our team of 300 researchers and analysts spans 20 countries and publishes hundreds of reports, articles and points of view every year. Our thought-provoking research – supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations such as MIT and Singularity – guides our innovation and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients. Visit us at www.accenture.com/research and follow us on https://twitter.com/AccentureRSRCHSkills & Work Experience
Business research / professional services experience, preferably in a management consulting environment, investment banking, third-party research organization focused on consumer industries, or line position within the strategy function of a CG&S company or corporation from an industry allied to CG&S.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 569,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.